Kill weeds organically, safely, and quickly with the Garden HotZot
UPDATE 6/19/18 – WE’LL HAVE THE NEWEST PROTOTYPE IN TESTING NEXT WEEK
Gardeners – are you tired of having to choose between weeding by hand and herbicides? Well, now there is a 3rd option that is safer than herbicides and faster and easier than weeding by hand – the Garden HotZot. Think of a re-engineered espresso machine that sits quietly in the palm of your hand until you push the button. Then, instead of making you a nice triple shot, it boils weeds to death right in the ground.
The Garden HotZot is a power tool designed specifically for gardeners. It is an organic point and shoot power sprayer that kills weeds with jets of boiling water. No stooping, no kneeling or crawling in the mud – just point and shoot.
Since the dawn of agriculture, gardeners have had the same enemy – weeds. And until recently the only solution was weeding by hand – a hard, dirty, tedious task. More recently science has given us herbicides which, although effective, are hazardous to our health and the environment.
The Garden HotZot solves both these problems with a point-and-shoot variation of the method that our grandparents used – boiling water. Point the HotZot wand at a weed, push the button and the weed is scalded by jets of boiling water – literally cooking it in the ground.
Is it safe? The answer is “Yes”. The volume of water sprayed is tiny – just 2 ounces every 15 seconds! That’s the secret sauce of the HotZot – a tiny amount of hot water applied to just the plant you want to kill. The hot water transfers the heat to the weed and then cools and runs off harmlessly.
Some of the outstanding features are;
1. Warmup time from cold start – 10 seconds
2. Recovery time between applications – none – you can spray for hours and never run out of hot water.
3. Weight – approximately 4.5 lbs.
4. Multiple jets of hot water so that you can kill an area of weeds or a single weed.
5. Runs from hose pressure as well as pump pressure so you have the option of using either a backpack tank or garden hose as your water source.
6. Use for spot weeding in gardens and lawns, clearing walkways, gravel driveways, weeding near ponds or environmentally sensitive areas, killing snails and slugs, treating fire ant nests, killing moss on bricks and mortar.